Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog! Please look around and see what my blog has to offer, from party inspiration, DIY craft tutorials, yummy treat ideas, and so much more! And make sure to pin on Pinterest! If you click on the Free Printables tab on the top of this page, you will find all of my posts with free printables. Also, if you would like to stay up-to-date with all of my new posts, subscribe by email (enter it on the right margin of this page) or like my Facebook page HERE. Have a blessed day!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Newest Addiction

I have a new addiction... Can you guess what it is?  I'll give you a hint.  It involves going to Joann Craft Store, adding more supplies to my craft room, and browsing online for projects and new patterns.  

Did you guess what it is?  Thanks to my friend Laura, I can now sew!!!  I have always wanted to do it, and my wonderful husband bought me a sewing machine a few years ago.  However, after sewing one scary-looking pair of shorts and a very stiff neck, I put the sewing machine away in a box and it had not seen daylight in years.  Until a few days ago when my dear friend Laura came over and taught me to make a pillowcase dress for Skylar.  She brought over a simple pattern, and after a few hours, I created this:


And then since the sewing machine was already out, I made this cute zippered pouch using fabric scraps I already had from prior projects and a zipper I bought from Joann for a little over $1:


And here you can see the different pattern that lines the inside of the pouch:


Isn't it cute?  You can make one for yourself using this awesome tutorial from Make It and Love It.  I love all of her ideas and tutorials!  

I hope to share more of my creations with you in the future!

2 comments:

  1. thats so awesome! do you have an etsy store yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm famous!!! ;). You are a natural Iris!!! And a great friend!!

    ReplyDelete